This post runs through the online guides from Google to Create an Android project and Run your app.
Create an Android Project
1. Start Android Studio
2. (A) Click File, (B) New and (C) New Project...
Application name: My First App
Company domain: example.com
...leave all other settings and click Next
4. (A) Select API 28: Android 9.0 (Pie) and (B) click Next
5. (A) Leave Empty Activity selected and (B) click Next
6. Leave the settings in the Configure Activity screen and click Next
7. Click Finish
You'll see some processing:
8. (A) Click View, (B) click Tool Windows and (C) click Project (or press Alt+1)
9. Find app > manifests > AndroidManifest.xml
10. Find app > java > com.example.myfirstapp > MainActivity
11. Find app > res > layout > activity_main.xml
12. Find Gradle Scripts > build.gradle (Module: app)
Run the App on an Emulator
1. (A) Click Run then (B) click Run 'app'
2. Click Create New Virtual Device
3. (A) Click Pixel and (B) Next
4. Click Download by Pie
5. Click Finish
6. Click Next
7. Leave the defaults and click Finish
8. With Pixel API 28 selected click OK
After a (long) bit you'll see:
9. Click, hold and pull up
10. Click on My First A...
After some time you'll see: