This post shows you how to install VirtualBox 5.2.12 and the associated extension pack on Windows 7 Pro SP1.
1. Download VirtualBox 5.2.12 at [link] (109 MB)
2. Download the VirtualBox extension pack for 5.2.12 at [link] (19 MB)
1. Start installing VirtualBox by double clicking on the VirtualBox-5.2.12-122591-Win.exe file or click Run
2. Click Next > on the Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.2.12 Setup screen
3. Click Next > on the Select the way you want features to be installed page (accepting the defaults)
4. Click Next > on the Select the way you want features to be installed page (accepting the defaults)
5. Click Yes on the Warning: Network Interfaces screen
6. Click Install on the Read to Install screen
7. Click Yes on the Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer pop-up
8. Click Finish
Install the Extension Pack
1. Start installing the VirtualBox Extension Pack by double clicking on the Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.12.vbox-extpack file or click Run or click Open
2. Click Install on the VirtualBox - Question pop up
3. (1) Scroll down and (2) click I Agree
4. Click Yes on the Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
5. Click OK on the VirtualBox - Information popup
If you have existing VMs in C:\Users\pfefferz\VirtualBox VMs\ VirtualBox will automatically populate them in the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager.
VirtualBox logo from [link]